My friends, as a fitness instructor I’m constantly working hard to bring my clients new and effective workouts, information and ideas so we can train to our utmost potential. I love reading fitness books! Whether they’re totally instructional or inspirational – they help me bring the absolute best to my brand. Here’s 5 books I’m currently reading and links where you can read along with me. I plan to write more blogs like this so we can all fill our minds and hearts with nothing but the best 🙂
1. Yoga RX: A Step-by-Step Program to Promote Health, Wellness and Healing by Larry Payne and Richard P. Usatine
Fantastic book that shows you how yoga actually helps relieve pain and sickness. Also a great review of how your body works.
2. Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes
Dean Karnazes is a freak of nature. He details his first 50 and 100 mile ultramarathons in all their horrific and inspiring detail. It does’t make me want to be an ultramarathoner but it does inspire me to keep moving, teaching, learning and inspiring.
3. The New Abs Diet: The 6-Week Plan to Flatten Your Stomach and Keep You Lean for Life by David Zinczenko and Ted Spiker
I’ve recently started to really study nutrition and it’s effects on our training and lives. When I began Sean Vigue Fitness my focus was primarily on the workouts but I’m looking forward to delving more into the science behind the food we put into our bodies. Important stuff!
4. Pilates’ Return to Life Through Contrology: Revised Edition for the 21st Century by Joseph Pilates
I re-read this book about once a month on my long walks through the Colorado mountains. Pilates was a revolutionary in the world of fitness and movement and it began with this book. Read it only if you want to radically improve your training. A typical Pilates workout looks like this.
5. Power Yoga for Athletes: More than 100 Poses and Flows to Improve Performance in Any Sport by Sean Vigue
It seems they’ll let just about ANYONE write a book these days! Seriously, this has been such a learning experience and I’m so excited to bring this straightforward, no nonsense total on-the-go training manual to anyone who wants to dramatically improve their performance, endurance, strength and longevity. Order it today (shameless plug)!
Which books have you already read? Is there a book that you’d like me to read? Comment below!
All my best,
Looking for a new Online Training program?