- Improve strength, flexibility and balance.
- Tone and build long, lean muscles without adding bulk.
- Improve circulation.
- Offer relief from back pain and joint stress.
- Engage the mind and enhance body awareness.
- Reduce stress, relieve tension, boost energy through deep stretching.
- Restore postural alignment and create a stronger, more flexible spine.
- Improve the way your body looks and feels.
These are just a few of the benefits. I teach Pilates Matwork more then any other class and they are by far the most popular. All you need is a mat, a bottle of water and the possibilities for improving your physical, mental and spiritual health are endless. Also without weights and machines you can make proper adjustments in a blink of the eye to suit your individual needs. It is just you and the mat.
When I teach yoga to my students at The Montessori School I refer to their mat as their “island”. It is all their’s and there is no limit to what they can accomplish when they are on their own, personal island.
Contact me to learn more about Pilates Matwork and why millions more Americans practice it each year.